Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Favorite New Feature of the Canon t4i

Now that I've got my new camera... what's my favorite upgrade compared to my old Canon t1i?

I like having the extra range of the ISO for sure. But, the 12800 setting is fairly noisy. I don't use it all the time, and I still like to stick with 6400. This is an improvement over the Canon t1i, but you could do that with a Canon t2i or Canon t3i.

By far, my favorite is the continuous shooting frame rate. The 5.0 fps is surprisingly faster than the old framerate of the Canon t1i. When you consider a percent, it's about 40-50% faster - so it is a lot faster. It just doesn't seem like a lot when you compare 3.8.

This has been an awesome extra when shooting high speed sports - like baseball swings or sprint hurdles at a track meet.

Maybe someday I'll get into video and appreciate the autofocus in video. But for now, that doesn't matter to me. I'm just into still photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment